Turkish AFAD has started to prepare a house a group of 1000 disadvantaged individuals
With Turkish AFAD’s coordination, AFAD officials and technical crew of the Governorship conducted technical surveys with legitimate Syrian dissidents at locations that could serve as temporary shelters with 3 alternatives for building a camp within Syrian borders.
FOR A POTENTIAL IMMIGRATION MOVEMENT. With AFAD’s coordination, AFAD officials and technical crew of the Governorship conducted technical surveys with legitimate Syrian dissidents at locations that could serve as temporary shelters with 3 alternatives for building a camp within Syrian borders.
2- FOR DISADVANTAGED GROUPS IN OUR COUNTRY
- Prime Ministry’s AFAD has started to prepare the HAJJ accommodation facility in Reyhanlı to house a group of 1000 disadvantaged individuals.
- 18 112m2, 7x16m tents have been put up. The work is still going on and will be completely done by 12:00 on 17.12.2016.
3- HUMANITARIAN AID
- Turkish Red Crescent has sent 216 humanitarian aid trucks to Syria from 1 to 16.12.2016.
- İHH has sent 381 trucks to Syria from 1 to 16.12.2016.
- Hot meals and provisions for 1000 people have been prepared for possible needs.
- Border crossings took place between 17:00 and 18:00 and Prime Ministry’s AFAD
was informed on the crossings.
- Number of patients brought to our country in coordination of AFAD: 123 (as of 16.12.2016, 23:00)
- Number of people to be evacuated totaling around 70,000
- Number of wounded around 4.000
- Number of people who went to Idlib: 7,500
- Number of people martyred during evacuation:4 people
- Number of hostages released today :800
5- DISASTER AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PRESIDENCY AND ACTIVATING THE TAMP PLAN
- As of 16.12.2016, TAMP plan for Hatay province has been put into action under “population movements” with participation of service groups by Hatay Disaster and Emergency Management Center.
6- ESTABLISHMENT OF PRESS INFORMATION UNIT AT CİLVEGÖZÜ CUSTOMS GATE
- An AFAD mobile coordination truck with working Internet connection has been made ready for the use of press members with coordination of Prime Ministry’s General Directorate of Press and Information.
- An AFAD coordination truck has been deployed at location. The AFAD coordination
truck has become operational on 17.12.2016.
8- ESTABLISHMENT OF AFAD LOGISTICS CENTER
- The survey has started for alternative locations that could serve as a logistics center to
coordinate aids to Syria.
9- PREPARATIONS FOR CAMP
- General Directorate of DSİ has 42 vehicles including construction equipment and 77
workers ready at ground zero for the camp construction in case a location is selected. Pursuant to TAMP, the 5th Regional Directorate of Highways has been instructed to provide the sufficient number of construction equipment with personnel if any request is made by us.
- 20 house containers, 2 portable toilets, and 2 shower containers have been sent from Elazığ and Maraş to Hatay to set a worksite for personnel that will work in camp construction in Syria.
- 2 trucks containing a total of 238 tents have been sent to the buffer zone by Adana AFAD.
- 1 mobile coordination truck has been set up at Cilvegözü Customs Gate both for media and improving coordination and communication (within the scope of TAMP Hatay). 1 mobile coordination truck is held at disposal to be set up at HAJJ center.
- A total of 4 personnel from Prime Ministry’s AFAD including 1 Vice President, 1 Department Head, and 1 Group Head; 3 personnel from Şanlıurfa AFAD including the Provincial Director and Regional Director, 15 search and rescue personnel from Adana, 3 personnel from Samsun, 48 personnel from Hatay, and a total of 73 personnel from AFAD are on duty.
- Firefighting Service Group from Fire Department of Hatay Metropolitan Municipality has assigned 2 fire trucks, 4 firefighters, and 2 drivers at Cilvegözü customs gate.
- 2 personnel arrived at Reyhanlı State Hospital at 8:00 to speak to wounded citizens by instruction of the Head of Psychosocial Support Service Group.
- Families and relatives of hospitalized wounded citizens have been interviewed in an effort to identify their basic needs and psychosocial support has been given to the families.
- Hatay Metropolitan Municipality’s Directorate of Support Services keeps 1 trailer truck, 2 bulldozers, 3 graders, 10 trucks, 4 backhoe loaders, 2 excavators, 1 digger, 2
water tankers, 2 minibuses, 2 buses, 4 funeral transfer vehicles, 2 steamrollers, and 1 diesel tanker ready for service.